17 June 2018

Jan Coombe exhibition for the month of June

Get down to Gallery F to see Jan Coombe's wonderful exhibition Bling, Blooms and Birds now on display until June 23rd.

Artist statement
I am a self taught artist. I started painting full-time 4 years ago when I retired. I use a lot of texture in my painting and my love of colour is well known. I enjoy painting Australiana, animals, faces and landscapes. My paintings are sold with a “Certificate of Authenticity”. All artwork is one of a kind, original work.


Jan with her work
Title: The Koi Pond
Medium: Acrylic, gold leaf

Top/ Title: Reflections Lock 8 
Medium: Acrylic on canvas

  Bottom/ Title: Of Days Gone By 
Medium: Acrylic,modelling compounds, texture paste

Title: The Perry Sandhills
Medium: Oils on canvas

This is the God tree in the Perry Sandhills. What you see is is the canopy. There is 6.96 metres of trunk below the sand. The tree is estimated to be over 500 years old.

Title: Pink Peony Medium: Oil on canvas

Title: Veins of Life 
Medium: Acrylics, texture paste, foils

Title: Occy the Octopus
Medium: Acrylics, texture paste & foils