22 March 2018

Opening night: Sandra Tierney

Nature’s Kaleidoscope

Artist statement

My artistic journey.  
I have always loved to be creative but did not pursue painting passionately until in my late 40’s when I completed a course in drawing and painting at MADEC Mildura and learnt to paint with watercolours. I pursued this for a few years then stopped painting for around 15 years and have only taken in up again in the last two years. I changed to Acrylics for I love their boldness and versatility.

Inspiration.   I am mainly inspired by the colours and textures of Nature.

I just paint as I see things and try to include detail and am happy at times to leave feint little paint blobs, dribbles and brush strokes that can be visible in my work as I like the subdued textural effect.


My painting aim is to create something to let the mind relax and connect with the subject on the canvas evoking a sense of pleasure.

Opening night: Sandra and her family in front of one of her
treasured works
Title: The cleaners, Zebras with oxpecker birds,
acrylic on canvas
    
Title: Lovelights, White Camellias, acrylic on canvas
Title: Detail from Come and play.  Silver birch trees and
red foxes
in the snow, acrylic on canvas
    
Title: Detail from Snack Time. A large Fantasy Fish,
acrylic on canvas

Title: Detail from Floating Together. Blue spotted Jelly fish,
acrylic on canvas