1 April 2019

Exhibition for the month of April: Brooke Hamence

IMG_256



Once Upon A
BORDERLINE

Artist Statement

Currently my work is of a merge of fight and/ or flight. Once Upon a BORDERLINE is self expressed throughout a mixed media series of drawing, painting, sculpture, textiles and installation.
I create my work within multiple different mediums and forms; essentially because I constantly live within extremes of emotion. I usually combine a medium and concept, with my given emotion at the time to be able to express the intensity outwardly.
Spiritually, emotionally and intensely set along fantasy, sense of self, folie and love.
Amethyst Azure was a regular girl just as regular as the next, or so she thought….
If you were told that there was nothing wrong with you for your entire life, would you be able to keep your difference a secret?
To have your difference remain hidden, ignored or constantly invisible…
What is it like to have a difference you can not see?
Living within a space where there is emotional intensity and instability; its almost like your not really living at all because you are in fact, too alive. Seen as impossible. You feel too much. Every feeling is of it highest high or its lowest low. Your provoked by little things, when exposed; it will make you feel unheard, unseen, trapped and misunderstood. I can even find myself happy at one point but then something will trigger me and then I find myself abandoning everything; especially in that of what I am closest too. Many voices scream inside me. Sometimes I feel much like a burden, like it’s impossible to love me but then everything shines brightly inside . But it can undoubtedly be changed. It is exhausting, fighting to try to take control over such darkness; by constantly telling yourself, you deserve it. The darkness. Over the smallest things. Which is when an infliction of self harm comes in, just  Living in chronic fear that the ones you love will see you, the dark you and in turn the part of you that believes you’re nothing. Trusting others is unbearably hard. Like a nightmarish cyclone that longs to be securely held. When caught inside with what feels like fire and ice, I am difficult to reach. When everything is calmer, after/ before my storm hits. My story; I feel and express my light as my strength, along my winsome and anguishing journey.